Over the last couple of days I’ve had an incredibly difficult time trying to think of anything to write about. I’ve been doing my Christmas shopping, exploring some work opportunities, and some other things I won’t bring up here yet. So rather than posting anything, I haven’t posted anything.
But I also know how difficult it is to get back into the habit of writing after a hiatus. So, instead of leaving this blog blank for any longer, I’m just going to “force it.”
With that said……
When you think of Christmas, what pops into your head? I’m not talking about the fully formed memories of holidays past, but rather, the isolated visuals that pop out when you think of Christmas.
Here are mine:
1. Meatballs- We always have a Christmas Eve party at my parents’ house every year, and there are always mini-meatballs in a crock pot.
2. Cumberland Farms- Without exception there’s always something forgotten on Christmas. Usually it’s forgotten batteries (or the wrong kind of batteries). It seems to me that the odds of needing something are directly related to the fact that all the stores are closed. Cumberland Farms is the only store that is open in my hometown on Christmas.
3. Fireplace- When I think of being a kid on Christmas, I always think back to the house I grew up in, and remember sitting by the fireplace when we had our Christmas Eve parties.
4. Christmas Trees- When I was little, I used to help my grandfather sell Christmas Trees. I’d sit looking out the window at the street waiting for people to arrive. Sometimes they’d tip me.
5. Zero Patience- I’ve never been able to hang onto someone’s gift until Christmas. I am awful at that. So my sister and I created our own tradition for giving each other presents….we exchange gifts on Christmas Eve Eve Day.
What are yours?